Yoga Nidra holds the power for deep rest, profound healing and the conscious creation of a fulfilling and purposeful life.
Get on the interest list for Yoga Nidra
February 1st – 3rd, 2019
Rishi Yoga, Reno, NV
Join us for a profound 3-day weekend of wellbeing and connection. Yoga Nidra holds the power for deep rest, profound healing and the conscious creation of a fulfilling and purposeful life.
Through this ancient practice of Yogic Sleep we will:
- rest deeply and relax completely,
- discover a lasting sense of abiding peace,
- cultivate the capacity to engage life with clarity, presence, vitality and meaning,
- create the optimal inner conditions to discover purpose and fullfil potential,
- tap the wellspring of vitality to restore our energy reserves,
- learn to successfully shift those hard-to-break habits,
- digest past experiences and traumas in a nourishing and effective way,
- work passively to restore resilience and our ability to meet stress in a healthy way,
- live well and thrive!
WHAT IS YOGA NIDRA?
Yoga Nidra is a foundational practice of yoga that is sourced from texts that date back thousands of years. This systematic style of meditation is supported by a myriad of modern scientific research. Aside from the benefits mentioned above, it is well documented for its ability to mitigate and manage the symptoms of PTSD, cardiac and psychological conditions, menstrual complications, sleep disorders and much more.
About the Training
WHAT THE TRAINING ENTAILS
In this 25HR Yoga Nidra intensive, we will cover the following:
- Modern research/science supporting the practice.
- History and philosophy of the practice.
- Its benefits and practical applications.
- The fundamental steps of a yoga nidra session and the purpose behind each.
- Customizing sessions for individual needs and circumstances.
- A variety of variations in which to script a session.
- How to integrate yoga nidra therapeutically into a regular plan for well-being.
- How to conduct a yoga nidra session for a group/class.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In this 25HR Yoga Nidra intensive, we will cover the following:
The training will run from 8:30am-6:00pm on Friday and Saturday, 8:30am-4:30pm on Sunday with 1.5 hours for lunch.
Each day will include:
- Dynamic engaging discussions on the practice of Yoga Nidra and its effects.
- Gentle, nourishing movement practices to prepare the body and mind optimally for the Yoga Nidra sessions. Suitable for all levels and abilities.
- Guided Yoga Nidra sessions.
- Break-out groups and exercises that will help you to customize and integrate the practices in a way that is relevant to your needs.
WHO IS THIS TRAINING DESIGNED TO ACCOMMODATE?
General Public - All who are open and curious are welcome to attend this Yoga Nidra Intensive. Each of the practices will be suitable for any level, ability, age, etc.
This workshop will be very useful for:
- Yogis of any level or ability that would like to deepen their practice in a profound way,
- Those who are affected by insomnia, anxiety and/or trauma,
- Those who are seeking wellness from stress, injury and/or disease,
- Psychologists, hospice workers, those who work with troubled youth, etc.
- Yoga teachers who would like to learn more about the roots, practice, and aim of yoga nidra to share with private clients and/or group classes.
Alaya Yoga School Teacher Trainees - For those enrolled in the Alaya Yoga School Advanced Training Program will receive 25 Hours towards their 300 Hour Certification upon successful completion of this training and an additional homework assignment. In order to get these credits applied to your credential, you must:
- Register for the teacher training tract which is an additional $50.
- Have completed the AYS 200 Hour Training Program or another similar program.
- Have your homework assignment completed and submitted by April 1st, 2019.
Yoga Alliance Registered Teachers – If you are a yoga teacher registered through Yoga Alliance, successful completion of this course will give you 25 Yoga Alliance Approved CEUs.
E-RYT 500 Co-Founder, Lead Teacher of Alaya Yoga
Lover of life, yogini, trail runner, climber, snow boarder, mommy, writer, teacher, spiritual guide, activist and loyal friend on the path. Sometimes together, sometimes falling apart, but always inspired and empowered by love!
Meg is passionate about sharing the full, rich teachings of yoga (asana, pranayama, meditation, chanting, mudra, philosophy, poetry) in a truly experiential way that helps to positively transform our whole experience of being alive. Having worked as a yoga therapist for over a decade, she is continually inspired by the vitality of the human spirit and the power of yoga to help us tap into a deep source of well-being. She has been sharing the yoga life with all kinds of seekers for over 15 years, is a Wanderlust Presenter and Teacher Training Mentor; Co-Founder of the Alaya School of Yoga; the original founder of Simple Yoga and Wellness Studio; and leads teacher trainings, workshops and retreats all over the world. You will also find her classes featured online at www.Gaia.com/Meg.
She is forever a student and eternally grateful to her teachers Rod Stryker, Tias Little and Nischala Joy Devi for living and teaching with such dedication, presence, compassion, integrity and grace.
RYT 500, CMT, Reiki Master
Apprentice for 2018 200 Hour Teacher Training and Anatomy of the Subtle Body
A warm “Hello” to you. My name is Lauri Glenn. My journey into the world of health & wellness began with yoga in 1995 as a cross-training effort for snowboarding. After a back injury redirected my plans, I began studying Therapeutic Yoga, teaching, got certified in massage therapy and opened a private practice in 2000. Nearly 20 years later, my passion for a sustainable approach to wellness has only deepened and drives my ongoing study of yoga as a therapeutic model. Gratitude to my teachers past and present; Meg McCraken, Ashleigh Sergeant, Rod Stryker, Richard Schactel, & Joseph & Lillian LePage. Alongside massage therapy, I am also a Reiki Master & Cranial Sacral Therapist and enjoy weaving all these healing practices into a holistic approach to well being. My classes are mindfully breath and alignment focused while also offering a welcoming, light-hearted approach that is easily accessible to all. When I'm not in the studio or my office, I'll most likely be outside playing human-powered sports, likely with my little pup, Milo, in tow, soaking in the California sunshine, and smiling with Gratitude for this big, beautiful life.
Yoga Instructor, Founder of Rishi Yoga
The practice of yoga, which started as a purely physical experiment, became a doorway for me to open up fearlessly to all of life. After 30 years of seeking happiness through overachieving, I wondered why I still felt a deep emptiness and a yearning for something I couldn’t even name. Yoga guided me through a process of complete softening and surrender. On my mat, I learned how to love myself by quieting my mind enough to realize that I had not been kind to myself my whole life. The most life-changing realization for me was that all my suffering was a result of searching for happiness and love in all the wrong places: outside of myself. Completely transformed by this realization, I felt the pull to become a yoga teacher and share with others this astonishingly simple and beautiful practice of self-discovery. I moved to Reno in 2010, shortly after becoming a certified yoga teacher. After almost four years of teaching classes in makeshift “yoga studios” I rented, I opened Rishi Yoga with my husband, Daniel, in June 2014.
My love for the practice of yoga is secondary to my love for helping people discover that the diamond they’re looking for is already in their possession. This simple message is at the root of my teaching. The practice of yoga nowadays is often reduced to a form of exercise, in which only the young, thin and the flexible can excel, and the rest feel inadequate and even shamed. The true purpose of yoga is much simpler and more beautiful than any pose: It is the realization that all wisdom is within.
I teach yoga as a dynamic and physically challenging flowing practice that allows the internal movement of the breath to carry the external movement of the body. As the life force is intensified and stilled, and the mind is calm and focused, the physical practice becomes a dynamic form of meditation. Challenging the body and mind to find a balance between effort and surrender imbues the physical practice with lightness and grace. On the mat we learn to focus, to trust the breath, to still the mind and to invite the true self to guide us. The rewards of our yoga practice become evident as we take the lessons we learn on the mat and apply them off the mat, where our real practice is. This process of self-realization and union with the divine is the essence of yoga.
Deposit: a $100 NON-REFUNDABLE Deposit will reserve your place.
All payments are due by January 25th
General Public Early Bird Rate: $325 (must be paid in full by December 1st, 2018)
General Public Regular Rate: $375
Alaya Yoga School Teaching Program Early Bird Rate: $375 (must be paid in full by December 1st, 2018)
Alaya Yoga School Teaching Program Regular Rate: $425
All payments are due by January 25th, 2019
Space is limited.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- If cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the training, a full refund (less the $100 deposit) will be issued.
- If cancelled in writing between 31 and 59 days prior to the training, and 80% refund (less the $100 deposit) will be issued.
- If cancelled 30 days or less prior to the training, no refund will be issued.
Alaya Yoga School reserves the right to cancel any program up to 30 days from the start of the program. In the unlikely event that AYS must cancel, all monies paid (including deposits) will be fully refunded.
This training is part of The Alaya Yoga School 300-HR Advanced Teacher Training Program. You may combine this module with other 100, 50 and 25-HR trainings to acquire your 500-HR Yoga Alliance Certification. For more information and prerequisites please click here.