The energetic maps of the yoga tradition hold potential for personal awakening and global transformation.
Get on the interest list & get notified when Chakras & Kundalini registration opens!
Sept 29 - Oct 13, 2019
The Goddess Garden, Cahuita, Costa Rica
100-HR Advanced Teacher Training with Ashleigh Sergeant & Meg McCraken
*This training applies to the Alaya School 300hr Teacher Training Program that qualifies 200-HR RYTs for a 500-HR Yoga Alliance Certification
The energetic maps of the yoga tradition hold potential for personal awakening and global transformation. The wisdom behind these highly sophisticated, ancient systems is being confirmed by modern science at an increasingly exponential rate. While remaining rooted in thousands of years of tradition and dedicated practice, these potent teachings have strengthened, refined and evolved to meet the needs of the modern world.
The Chakra system serves as a bridge between spirit and matter, mind and body, heaven and earth. Integration of these systems into a modern day hatha yoga practice will help you to connect with your purpose as an individual and a teacher. From here you can help others cultivate a healthy connection between their inner and outer worlds so they can form meaningful and lasting relationships with their bodies and in their lives. As a leader, connection with the kundalini shakti is the essential power behind the evolution of individual and global consciousness.
This training will explore
- The 7 chakra system as it relates to physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- How the elements of earth, water, fire, air, sound, light and consciousness correspond to each energy center and stage of human development
- Chakra focused postural assessments and muscle testing
- Common traumas and abuses and imbalances associated with each chakra
- Practices to transform negative mental, emotional and physical patterns into tools for growth and freedom.
- What Kundalini is and safe and effective ways to tap into this power
- Mental health and emotional intelligence as they relate to the creative power of kundalini
- How to offer spiritual support to your students through recognition of something greater than themselves
- The intricate relationship between the chakras, the nervous system, the body and the way they together shape the patterns of our lives. Then we can explore the pathways and our great potential to transform those patterns.
By understanding the relationship of the chakras to the physical body you will learn:
- To become more present to and to work with your patterns of disintegration and cultivate the tools to continually promote your own full being wellness, so that you can be more clear in your life and your work
- To see mental/emotional patterns manifest in the physical body and suggest a variety of yogic practices to support movement beyond these patterns
- Traumas associated with each energy center as they relate to the organs, muscles and connective tissue
- How to integrate and transform past experiences of injury, abuse and trauma through movement, breath and attention
- To transform prohibitive mental, emotional and physical patterns into tools for growth and freedom.
- How to claim the rights of your spirit so that you can manifest your full potential every day.
- Powerful movement, breath, sound, visualization, mudra and meditation practices and teachings that can help to harmonize all of the systems of the body, mind, spirit.
Our Retreat Center
The Goddess Garden, Costa Rica
Located on the east coast of Costa Rica, The Goddess Garden Retreat Center is a magical place where the rainforest meets the Caribbean Sea. Designed to help us remember our true nature, our essence, this beautiful center has its own private beach, an Ayurvedic kitchen and an eco-spa. To arrive at our event you will fly into San Jose International Airport (SJO) and take a complimentary shuttle to/from Goddess Garden. For more logistics and location information...
Double Occupancy - $3600 (Early Bird $3300) + 3% processing fee Triple Occupancy - $3350 (Early Bird $3050) + 3% processing fee Dorm (6 people per room) - $2995 (Early Bird $2695) + 3% processing fee
- Early Bird discounts are only given to the 1st 10 students to pay-in-full prior to June 1st.
- All final payments are due by August 15th. If final payment is not received by this date, you will forfeit your spot (and non-refundable deposit) in the training.
*Pricing includes tuition, housing, three meals per day and round trip shuttle from SJO to Goddess Garden. *Pricing DOES NOT include the 3% processing fee.
Unless otherwise stated the cancellation policy for all Alaya Yoga School Programs is as stated:
- All deposits are non-refundable
- If cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the training, a full refund (less the deposit) will be issued.
- If cancelled in writing between 31 and 59 days prior to the training, and 80% refund (less the deposit) will be issued.
- If cancelled 30 days or less prior to the training, no refund will be issued.
- Alaya Yoga School reserves the right to cancel any program up to 30 days from the start of the program. In the unlikely event that AYS must cancel, all monies paid (including deposits) will be fully refunded.
This training is part of The Alaya Yoga School 300-HR Advanced Teacher Training Program. You may combine this module with other 100, 50 and 25-HR trainings to acquire your 500-HR Yoga Alliance Certification. For more information and prerequisites please click here.