For those beginning to cultivate a more intimate relationship with yoga, Alaya offers a 200 Hour Program that is steeped in tradition and rich with relevance to the art of living well within the complexities of today's world.
Get on the interest list for the 200 hour program
200 Hour Training Details
Upon completion of the full program, you will receive a 200 Hour Alaya Yoga School Teacher Training Certificate, which can then be registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200 Hour level if you choose.
Both those who wish to deepen their experience with the practices of Yoga, and those who wish to teach yoga will benefit greatly from taking this journey. This training is typically offered in two formats: a month-long retreat style event or divided into three week long sessions over a period of 6-8 months. These schedules allow, not only flexibility for those who can not take a lot of time off of life, but for immersive experience AND a capacity to digest the teachings and integrate them into life.
One of our core intentions is to provide lived experiences of the teachings of yoga. In this way, the philosophies truly come alive for each of us in a unique and powerful way, thus informing what and how we live, love, teach, guide and share.
Some of our participants have gone on:
- as yoga therapists,
- to teach group classes, from vinyasa, to restorative, to yin,
- to share meditation, yoga nidra, pranayama, or philosophy,
- to lead conscious community discussions (satsang),
- to guide music or chanting circles,
- to do service projects in their communities (seva),
- to be involved in politics,
- to be community leaders,
- to create magnificent art,
- to become powerful speakers,
- to engage with their businesses in a whole new, more effective way,
- to find the extraordinary in the ordinary, everyday structure of their lives,
- to become tremendous mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, friends and coworkers.
This course is appropriate for those who:
- want to deepen their relationship with and experience of yoga,
- want to become 200HR Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teachers,
- want to expand their capacity for a fulfilling and vibrant life,
- want to feel more at ease in their bodies and more connected, body, mind, heart and soul,
- are currently yoga teachers looking to enliven their experience with the practice and their students,
- want to call more peace into their lives,
- want to embody more authenticity in their lives and step into the power of that truth,
- want to join a community based on mindfulness, wholeheartedness, connection and joy.
Through this training, we will tap into the true power of yoga by having a deeper, experiential conversation that can help bring this ancient tradition to life. One of the greatest intentions for this training is to take the powerful practices of yoga and make them accessible, understandable, relevant and potent for you in your everyday living.
We will explore
- Clear, healthy foundational alignment techniques for the yoga postures (asanas),
- The unique effects and benefits of each of the poses,
- Useful modifications for the varying poses,
- The power of intention as it relates to yoga practice and everyday living,
- The potent art of sequencing a personal, private or group practice for maximum, intentional effect,
- Finding and empowering your authentic voice,
- Therapeutic Yoga – tapping into the healing power of yoga,
- Pranayama (breath practices) and the varying effects of different practices,
- The power of meditation and different meditative techniques that can help to optimize mind and energy,
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga, demystified for practice in everyday life,
- The neurology of pain,
- The science of change,
- Purpose, passion and the art of living authentically,
- The anatomy of the subtle bodies like the chakras, the vayus and the koshas.
- Anatomy with a world-class anatomist, teacher and functional movement specialist
- The philosophies and tradition of yoga
Our Upcoming 200HR Trainings
July - December 2020
Lake Tahoe, California
More information coming soon.
At the completion of your 200 Hour Training/Intensive, you will receive an Alaya Yoga School Teacher Training Certification at the 200 Hour Level. If you choose you can then register your certification with Yoga Alliance for your 200 Hour Registration.
The $500 deposit is non-refundable.
If cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the training, a full refund (less the deposit) will be issued.
If cancelled in writing between 31 and 59 days prior to the training, and 80% refund (less the deposit) will be issued.
If cancelled 30 days or less prior to the training, no refund will be issued.