For those beginning to cultivate a more intimate relationship with yoga, Alaya offers a 200 Hour Program that is steeped in tradition and rich with relevance to the art of living well within the complexities of today's world.
Get on the interest list for the 200 hour program
200 Hour Training Details
Upon completion of the full program, you will receive a 200 Hour Alaya Yoga School Teacher Training Certificate, which can then be registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200 Hour level if you choose.
Both those who wish to deepen their experience with the practices of Yoga, and those who wish to teach yoga will benefit greatly from taking this journey. This training is typically offered as 4, five-day modules spanning 6 months; or 8 shorter modules spanning approximately 8 months. These schedules allow, not only flexibility for those who can not take a lot of time off of life, but for immersive experience AND a capacity to digest the teachings and integrate them into life.
One of our core intentions is to provide lived experiences of the teachings of yoga. In this way, the philosophies truly come alive for each of us in a unique and powerful way, thus informing what and how we live, love, teach, guide and share.
Some of our participants have gone on:
- as yoga therapists,
- to teach group classes, from vinyasa, to restorative, to yin,
- to share meditation, yoga nidra, pranayama, or philosophy,
- to lead conscious community discussions (satsang),
- to guide music or chanting circles,
- to do service projects in their communities (seva),
- to be involved in politics,
- to be community leaders,
- to create magnificent art,
- to become powerful speakers,
- to engage with their businesses in a whole new, more effective way,
- to find the extraordinary in the ordinary, everyday structure of their lives,
- to become tremendous mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, friends and coworkers.
The 200 Hour Programs are offered once a year in Northern California or Montana.
2019 200HR Intensive/Teacher Training
At The Peak in Missoula, MT
3 Sessions May-August 2019
May 14-20 | June 24-30 | August 12-18
Led By: Meg McCraken and Ashleigh Sergeant both ERYT 500 with world class scholar Dr. Mike Lane, DC, Anatomist and Foundation Trainer
Please join us for a 4-month transformational journey into the heart of yoga, where you will be invited to engage this ancient practice through lived experiences that speak authentically to you.
This course is appropriate for those who:
- want to deepen their relationship with and experience of yoga,
- want to become 200HR Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teachers,
- want to expand their capacity for a fulfilling and vibrant life,
- want to feel more at ease in their bodies and more connected, body, mind, heart and soul,
- are currently yoga teachers looking to enliven their experience with the practice and their students,
- want to call more peace into their lives,
- want to embody more authenticity in their lives and step into the power of that truth,
- want to join a community based on mindfulness, wholeheartedness, connection and joy.
Through this training, we will tap into the true power of yoga by having a deeper, experiential conversation that can help bring this ancient tradition to life. One of the greatest intentions for this training is to take the powerful practices of yoga and make them accessible, understandable, relevant and potent for you in your everyday living.
We will explore
- Clear, healthy foundational alignment techniques for the yoga postures (asanas),
- The unique effects and benefits of each of the poses,
- Useful modifications for the varying poses,
- The power of intention as it relates to yoga practice and everyday living,
- The potent art of sequencing a personal, private or group practice for maximum, intentional effect,
- Finding and empowering your authentic voice,
- Therapeutic Yoga – tapping into the healing power of yoga,
- Pranayama (breath practices) and the varying effects of different practices,
- The power of meditation and different meditative techniques that can help to optimize mind and energy,
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga, demystified for practice in everyday life,
- The neurology of pain,
- The science of change,
- Purpose, passion and the art of living authentically,
- The anatomy of the subtle bodies like the chakras, the vayus and the koshas.
- Anatomy with Mike Lane, a world-class anatomist, teacher, chiropractor and functional movement specialist
- The philosophies and deep practices of yoga with Kevin Courtney, a profound philosopher and teacher who brings the tradition of yoga to life.
E-RYT 500 Co-Founder, Lead Teacher of Alaya Yoga
Meg is passionate about sharing the full, rich teachings of yoga (asana, pranayama, meditation, chanting, mudra, philosophy, poetry) in a truly experiential way that helps to positively transform our whole experience of being alive. Having worked as a yoga therapist for over a decade, she is continually inspired by the vitality of the human spirit and the power of yoga to help us tap into a deep source of well-being. She has been sharing the yoga life with all kinds of seekers for over 15 years, is a Wanderlust Presenter and Teacher Training Mentor; Co-Founder of the Alaya School of Yoga; the original founder of Simple Yoga and Wellness Studio; and leads teacher trainings, workshops and retreats all over the world. You will also find her classes featured online at www.Gaia.com/Meg
E-RYT 500 Co-Founder, Lead Teacher of Alaya Yoga
Ashleigh Sergeant is the Head of Yoga Content for Gaia.com, Director of Yoga and Movement for The Envision Festival in Costa Rica, co-founder of The Alaya School of Yoga, spent five years as the Global Yoga Trainer for adidas and was honored to be the youngest Certified Anusara Yoga Instructor in the world. Ashleigh’s yoga videos are featured on Gaia.com, Grokker and ShriTV. A regular presenter at the Wanderlust Festival, Ashleigh has contributed to Mind Body Green, YOGANONYMOUS, Latin Women’s Health and German Yoga Journal.
Anatomist, Foundation Training Instructor
Dr. Mike Lane, DC
Dr. Mike Lane, DC is a specialist in the field of functional movement and wellness. He is a chiropractor, bodyworker, foundation training instructor and anatomy teacher. His intention is to help people move, feel, and live better.
Since selling his successful San Francisco-based chiropractic practice in 2016, Mike and his wife have been traveling the United States in their RV home, sharing the importance of health and wellness through workshops, retreats and festivals. Dr. Mike loves to witness people understand and experience Anatomy in a way that they thought wasn't possible.
Anatomy is a challenging subject and it doesn't have to be. Dr. Mike will make AnatomySense in a whole new, fun and dynamic way.
Lama, Author, Meditation Teacher
Lama Tsomo is an American author and teacher of Tibetan Buddhist practices. As an ordained lama and co-founder of the Namchak Foundation, Tsomo is passionate about making ancient, time-tested meditation practices accessible to Westerners.
Lama Tsomo is dedicated to sharing the Namchak teachings of Tibetan Buddhist practice with students, bringing greater happiness and meaning to life through meditation, community, and retreat. Known for her candid and humorous teaching style, Tsomo has led meditations and talks at Google, Spirit Rock, The Rubin Museum, and at a number of universities and community centers.
Tsomo holds an M.A. in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Jungian and body-centered psychologies. She is the author of Why is the Dalai Lama Always Smiling? An Introduction and Guide to Tibetan Buddhist Practice.
A $500 non-refundable deposit will reserve your spot
In addition to the deposit the cost is:
Early Bird - $2100 if paid in full by March 1st, 2019 (total $2600)
Regular Rate - $2400 if paid after the early bird date (total $2900)
Payment Plans Are Available (please contact us for details)
At the completion of your 200 Hour Training/Intensive, you will receive an Alaya Yoga School Teacher Training Certification at the 200 Hour Level. If you choose you can then register your certification with Yoga Alliance for your 200 Hour Registration.
The $500 deposit is non-refundable.
If cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the training, a full refund (less the deposit) will be issued.
If cancelled in writing between 31 and 59 days prior to the training, and 80% refund (less the deposit) will be issued.
If cancelled 30 days or less prior to the training, no refund will be issued.